Lifeguards sit "Weekends Only" for the month of May from 10 a.m. til 6:00 p.m. Beginning Memorial Day through Labor Day, the weekday hours will be from 10 a.m. til 5:30 p.m. and on weekends from 10 a.m. til 6:00 pm. Also, Surf Zones begin Memorial Day.
A reminder of the beach rules here in Neptune Beach:
- Alcoholic beverages are NOT permitted.
- Glass containers of any kind are NOT permitted
- Picnicking is allowed, but no grills.
- Motorized apparatus such as jet skis are NOT allowed within 100 yards of the beach except while launching at the end of Seagate Avenue.
- Boats are NOT permitted on the beach, EXCEPT for launching and retrieving in designated areas from 9 am to 6pm between Memorial Day and Labor Day.
- Sand sailing is NOT permitted.
- Climbing on the dunes or removing any vegetation from the beach is prohibited.
- Remember to clean up any debris as you leave the beach. The only thing you should leave behind is your footprints.
- Dogs must remain on a leash at all times. Dogs are not allowed on the beach 9am-5pm, during Daylight Saving Time 10am – 6pm.
Neptune Beach Police Department is accepting applications for Lifeguards.
- Must be 16 YOA or older, must pass Drug Screening Test and Pre-Employment Physical Agility Test.
- First Responder or Multi-Media First Aid a plus.
- Current ID and Social Security Card Required.
Apply at: Neptune Beach Police Department
200 Lemon Street
Neptune Beach, FL
Deadline: March 11, 2016 AA/EEOC
Click here for application.