Human Resources Coordinator
904.270.2400 x 30
The City of Neptune Beach is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and marital status or other nonmerit factors, except where such factor is a bona-fide occupational qualification or is required by State and/or Federal law.
The City of Neptune Beach does not maintain a Job Applicant file. Individuals interested in employment with the City must apply for jobs as they are advertised by the City. Applications may be downloaded in PDF format, as listed below, or may be picked up at City Hall.
Resumes and additional documents may be attached. Applications may be submitted by mail to the City of Neptune Beach, Attention: Human Resources Department, 116 First Street, Neptune Beach, FL 32266, or may be hand delivered to the same location.
All applications are evaluated based upon relevant education, experience, training, special skills, etc. Those applicants with qualifications best suited to the needs of the advertised positions will be contracted for interviews.
POSITION: UTILITY LABORER 1
DEPARTMENT: WATER /WASTEWATER
HOURLY SALARY RANGE: STARTING: $13.00 ENDING: $18.38
Starting Date: February 23, 2018
Characteristics of the Class:
Under the supervision of Water/Wastewater Crew Chief, performs manual, semi-skilled, and skilled work in the installation, maintenance, and repair of underground water and wastewater pipes, and appurtenances. Work involves coordinated work with others in the operation of the water and wastewater systems. Performs other duties as requested.
Examples of Duties:
1. Assists in the installation of water meter and service lines.
2. Assists in repair and upkeep of mains in the water and sewer distribution system.
3. Assists in the maintenance of sewer lift stations.
4. Reads water meters and records data.
1. Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent. Must possess and maintain a valid Florida driver’s license.
2. Must possess and maintain a home telephone for “call -out” or other contact if necessary.
Knowledge, Abilities, and Skills:
1. Knowledge of safe operation of such equipment as shovel, wrench, backhoe, weedeater, sling blade, hoe, rake, pressure hose, pick-ax, lawn mower, tractor, and other equipment related to manual work in a water or wastewater environment or department.
2. Knowledge of commonly accepted occupational safety procedures.
3. Ability to safely operate motor vehicles.
4. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers and supervisors.
5. Ability to work within the bounds of established guidelines and regulations.
For more information call 904-270-2423.